Statement by U.S. Attorney General Robert. F. KennedySeptember 27, 1962
- How would you characterize RFK's statement? Does he leave any doubt as to the Federal Government's future actions?
- Does RFK use the word "principles" in the same way that Barnett did in his proclamation? To what "principles" is RFK referring?
- How do you think Barnett would respond to this statement?
Questions for further discussion:
- What events in Mississippi 129 years ago lead to the resolve that Kennedy quotes?
- What is the doctrine of Nullification?